Saturday, December 26, 2009

Nick's Pick

Okay my close friend Liz and new contributor to 'The Fishbowl' was drilling me about what my 'favorite' album of 2009 was on the way up to Asheville on Tuesday. 2009 was a weak year one for album releases so I had to think about it for a few days and I finally picked:


Bowerbirds - Upper Air.


Folk trio out of Raliegh, NC. I listened to this album only a few select times over the year, but it definately made an extreme impact each and every listen. My opinion is extremely swayed by the fact that I've basically only been listening to acoustic folk and bluegrass music for the majority of this year, but here is the track "Nothern Lights".





In 2010 they kick off a tour with Julie Doiron at The Grey Eagle on the 12th of January. They hit Kentucky, a few dates on the west coast moving on through Texas and Florida. Then close the one month tour at the Earl in Atlanta, GA.


For all the dates for the tour check The Bowerbirds myspace:

http://www.myspace.com/bowerbirds



nicholascaywood

No comments:

Post a Comment