Sunday, June 28, 2009

Whitney's Post Rock Mixtape

Whitney's Post Rock Mix

Post Rock Mixtape [CLICK IMAGE TO DOWNLOAD]

1 “Requiem For Dying Mothers, Parts 1 and 2” Stars of the Lid (14:15)
2 “The Sun” Windy & Carl (3:43)
3 “Untitled 8” Sigur Ros (11:45)
4 “The Landlord is Dead” Do Make Say Think (5:39)
5 “Mere Your Pathetique Light” MONO (6:36)
6 “The Struggle” The Dead Texan (5:29)
7 “Add Infinity” Mountains (9:11)
8 “Rememberance Day” God is an Astronaut (4:17)
9 “Stand Shadowless Like Silence” Up-C Down-C Left-C Right-C ABC + Start (3:21)
10 “I’ll Take Mine Back” AristeiA (4:26)
11 “Auto Rock” Mogwai (4:19)
12 “We Flood Empty Lakes” Yndi Halda (11:41)
13 “Moya” Godspeed You! Black Emperor (10:52)
14 “The Triumph of Our Tired Eyes” Thee Silver Mt Zion Memorial Orchestra & Tra-La-La Band (6:55)

This is my most recent mix. I started on it last night because I was bored. I just put together some of my favorite songs that I consider to be "post rock." I probably had about 10 hours worth of music on this mix originally. I condensed it all down, put everything in order, and perfected it a few hours ago. I'm really really happy with how it turned out, and hopefully you'll find it listenable.

I used a picture of my cat, Pumpkin, as the "cover art." Why? Because he's the most adorable cat in the world and he loves post rock.

-W

No comments:

Post a Comment